Thursday, January 1, 2009

Seven Things I'm Dying to Tell You

The rules are simple. Write seven (surprising or amusing) things about yourself and then tag seven people, link to their blogs and ask them to do the same.

I was tagged to do this by @tdhurst...so here goes...

1. I never tried steak until I was 18 years old. For some reason beef never really appealed to me, so I never ate it. One day my Aunt Betty and Uncle Bert took me to dinner at Outback Steakhouse and I ordered a filet - my first steak. It was a'ight. Now I still rarely eat steak, but a few times a year I will order one. Incidentally, I also do not like chicken.




2. When I was a little girl I wanted to be one of two things when I grew up: An actress or an MTV VJ. There was NOTHING else I wanted to be and I never pictured myself doing any job except for those two things.



3. I am terrified of dogs, especially dogs that bark or jump around a lot.

4. I wrote an autobiography when I was 10 years old. The title was "Fleas, Friends and Phobias" and it was mostly about my relationship with my mom. She would do crazy stuff like not let me play with classmates whose friends have fleas. The book was saved on an old computer in my parents' house, but they recently threw the computer away without warning me. I wish I could read the book today. It would be like the most revealing journal entry ever.

5. Sometimes I fantasize about getting rid of all my possessions, dropping out of mainstream society and living completely off the grid. I'd like to live in a cabin or hut or tent in the forest/on a mountain top/on the beach. No tv, no magazines, no bullshit. I dream of back packing around until I find a good place to settle, then just chilling out. But I think I would like to have access to the internet and a video camera. Maybe I'll do this for a year and create a video diary so I can see how/if living like this affects a person. Hmmm...



6. If I won the lottery I would immediately give 1/2 the money to my parents.

7. I dine out for every meal. I have only cooked one meal in my home ever - that was Christmas dinner last year. My sister and I made a feast. I kind of miss cooking, but you can't beat eating out every single day. No mess, no dishes, no worries - just yummy food.

1 comment:

jose said...

Boom!

http://allhailthecube.blogspot.com/2009/01/crashing-whispers.html